Although we didn’t post much in the past weeks, we’re still alive and working on Craften Terminal 3.6!
Beside a new big feature, we improved many small things, fixed some bugs and added smaller features, like the following one.
Using the tiny arrow next to the play icon, you can select the login to play with. Perfect for players with multiple accounts or shared computers!
You have probably already noticed it (at least if you read this ) , but at this point once more officially : Craften.de is online again.
After some problems have occurred on Thursday, we have moved the website on Friday. This would have led to a loss of up to 24 hours (according to experience less). If everything would have gone smoothly. Due to various problems that were not on our side, the homepage could , however, go back to the network only today .
Due to the failure not only the website, the forum and our blog were unavailable, but also Craften Terminal could not be started and crashed in some cases – without a error message.
We are really sorry and we hope that this will not happen again. Appropriate measures have been taken.
As for Craften Terminal we will change in the next version (3.6) a lot. So you , even if our website – for whatever reason – is not available ( or you have no Internet ) , can still use the Craften Terminal. Of course you will need internet to install any mods or change the version , but at least you can start the last changed version. The chat and the shoutbox would then not be affected by failures of the website.
Let’s hope for the best. Happy crafting !
Last time we have thought that we were done with version 3.5, but unfortunately we have found more bugs – and fixed it thankfully!
Here are the new features and the bug fixes!
- Versions and mods can be opened from the browser in Craften Terminal via special links now (of which we are soon on our mod page make use of)
- Servers can be accessed via special links (à la craftenterminal://join=220.127.116.11)! (For example, with this link)
- The content of the speech bubble above is now changing from time to time
- Bugfix: Crashbugs while chatting
- Bugfix: Crash at startup
- Bugfix: Server download worked only once per version
Now we really hope that we can focus on the next version and we no longer have to “annoy” you with updates.
This morning, we released yet another version of Craften Terminal. Why? Because we found three really bad bugs and fine-tuned the Chat!
- Friends in the chat are now marked with a star
- Enhanced the chat (i.e. the colors for the different roles)
- Bugfix: Fixed problems downloading Craften Launcher, fixing problems starting Minecraft
- Bugfix: Crash when clicking on some mods
- Bugfix: Messages in the chat disappeared when writing another message
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Thanks to the people who reported their problems in the info dialog. Without you we hadn’t found those bugs!
Another week is over and we’ve got a new Craften Terminal version for you! What we changed? What we added? Read on!
- Added Minecraft head on the top
- Added a report-a-problem button in the about dialog
- Fixed problems with starting the launcher
- Fixed chat messages not being shown under certain circumstances
A week ago, we released version 3.5. So this update is mainly a bugfix update.
Here are the changes:
- Top right the currently installed Minecraft version is displayed. If mods are installed, they are also displayed when you move the mouse over it.
- Better design options for the descriptions of Minecraft versions and mods by using a Markdown language.
- From time to time we will update all descriptions. Until then, some descriptions might look a little odd.
- Bugfix: Shoutbox has made the program freeze occasionally
- Bugfix: Some YouTube links in the shoutbox were not recognized and therefore no preview is displayed.
- Fix: Launcher is not installed correctly
- Minor GUI changes and corrections
Now that the first bugs are fixed, we can work much more relaxed on version 3.5.2.
It will be awesome!
It’s time for a new beta! This beta release will be the last one before we’ll offer you the 3.5 version. Also we updated our Launcher to version 0.9.
Let’s see what has changed.
- Complete new design. Hope you will love it as much as we do
- The resources are loaded as soons as you logged in
- We now give minecraft the correct parameters to start it with all the needed files (languages, sounds etc)
- Shoutbox perfomance boost
- Little GUI tweaks
- Join and part messages are disabled in default
- New info dialog
- Bugfix: Fixed a startup bug while changing the language
These are just “little” changes. So we are extremly close to release version 3.5. Stay tuned!
It’s finally there! After about two months of development, we are ready to release a new beta version of Craften Terminal!
We recoded almost everything to make everything faster and much more stable (well, let’s see how stable…)
- Remade many features
- “Crypted” text is now animated in Minecraft server description boxes in the shoutbox
- Minor design enhancements
- Improved mod search, mod categories are working once again
- New Craften Launcher (fixes many bugs with new Minecraft versions!)
- Many small improvements. You might not actually see everything but it’s there.
You frequently ask: “Can you add the hexxit modpack?” Well, we can’t include Modpacks from us in the terminal at the moment. BUT! in preperation to some further steps we’ll add all mods included in the hexxit modpack. See our progress below:
(Linked mods are already added)
- Armor Bar
- Back Tools
- Hexxit Basemods
- Hexxit Configs
It’s sunday again week 43 and that means new mods! But first free cookies for everyone. *I’m a cookie and I’m free*
As there are currently no important mods available for 1.7+ we extend 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2.
Some of you (100 Votes) wanted the Display Mod for 1.6.2. But unfortunately it is java 64 bit incompatible. So we can’t add that.
So whats new?
1.5.2 (475 Votes) ComputerCraft
1.6.2 (156 Votes) ComputerCraft
1.6.4 (3000 Votes) Monster Hunter Frontier
1.7.2 TooManyItems None-Forge
You can vote for mods over here http://craften.de/terminal/mods/vote