This morning at 2 clock it finally happened: After nearly five months, two betas and one Release Candidate, the new Craften Terminal 4.0 has finally been released. Download here.
The new version brings not only a completely revised design, but also many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The main novelty is probably the server list. Now you can quickly find new server with the plugins that you want to have and rate them if you like.
Excited about the new features? Here’s the changelog:
- There is now a server list
- Completely new design
- Faster load times
- The tray icon now has a context menu
- There is a Jump List for Windows 7 and 8, so you can simply right-click on the icon in the taskbar for starting Minecraft or Craften Terminal
- The login can be changed via the small arrow next to the play icon
- Minecraft can only be started by clicking on the Play icon (bold because it was overlooked by many)
- Data in the internal browser are now cached (better performance)
- Mods can be rated with stars now
- Global Mod-search added: for example, if you are seearching for “Pixelmon” in 1.7.2 you’ll get results from other minecraft versions, too!
- Problems with version changes, especially with Forge resolved by cleaning forge config after change
- More options in the shoutbox (among other things, we show you some tips there currently with pictures)
- (Can be enabled in the settings) Minecraft can be automatically started in full screen mode now *
- Avatars in the shoutbox
- Videos for mods and Minecraft versions can be hidden
- Greatly improved performance (much lower CPU load than 3.5.5)
- updated translations
- Beautiful Server field in the shoutbox *
marked with a * have been added since the RC
Unfortunately, there was, despite numerous tests this morning some problems for which we apologize again. We have just released an update that fixes this bug and improved three GUI trifles. Now everything works!
With this small update, we have fixed the following errors:
- Launcher updated forever
- Server download button is cut off
- Name of the selected mods are not displayed when the window is too small
Craften Terminal does not exit correctly after closingFixed in Version 4.0.1
- Distances in the context menu of the tray icon are too small