This morning at 2 clock it finally happened: After nearly five months, two betas and one Release Candidate, the new Craften Terminal 4.0 has finally been released. Download here.
The new version brings not only a completely revised design, but also many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The main novelty is probably the server list. Now you can quickly find new server with the plugins that you want to have and rate them if you like.
Excited about the new features? Here’s the changelog:
- There is now a server list
- Completely new design
- Faster load times
- The tray icon now has a context menu
- There is a Jump List for Windows 7 and 8, so you can simply right-click on the icon in the taskbar for starting Minecraft or Craften Terminal
- The login can be changed via the small arrow next to the play icon
- Minecraft can only be started by clicking on the Play icon (bold because it was overlooked by many)
- Data in the internal browser are now cached (better performance)
- Mods can be rated with stars now
- Global Mod-search added: for example, if you are seearching for “Pixelmon” in 1.7.2 you’ll get results from other minecraft versions, too!
- Problems with version changes, especially with Forge resolved by cleaning forge config after change
- More options in the shoutbox (among other things, we show you some tips there currently with pictures)
- (Can be enabled in the settings) Minecraft can be automatically started in full screen mode now *
- Avatars in the shoutbox
- Videos for mods and Minecraft versions can be hidden
- Greatly improved performance (much lower CPU load than 3.5.5)
- updated translations
- Beautiful Server field in the shoutbox *
marked with a * have been added since the RC
Unfortunately, there was, despite numerous tests this morning some problems for which we apologize again. We have just released an update that fixes this bug and improved three GUI trifles. Now everything works!
With this small update, we have fixed the following errors:
- Launcher updated forever
- Server download button is cut off
- Name of the selected mods are not displayed when the window is too small
Craften Terminal does not exit correctly after closing Fixed in Version 4.0.1
- Distances in the context menu of the tray icon are too small
This image was leaked by our development department. It shows a screenshot of a new version of the Craften Terminal. It suggests that there will be some new interesting features .. But look yourself.
Although we didn’t post much in the past weeks, we’re still alive and working on Craften Terminal 3.6!
Beside a new big feature, we improved many small things, fixed some bugs and added smaller features, like the following one.
Using the tiny arrow next to the play icon, you can select the login to play with. Perfect for players with multiple accounts or shared computers!
Last time we have thought that we were done with version 3.5, but unfortunately we have found more bugs – and fixed it thankfully!
Here are the new features and the bug fixes!
- Versions and mods can be opened from the browser in Craften Terminal via special links now (of which we are soon on our mod page make use of)
- Servers can be accessed via special links (à la craftenterminal://join=188.8.131.52)! (For example, with this link)
- The content of the speech bubble above is now changing from time to time
- Bugfix: Crashbugs while chatting
- Bugfix: Crash at startup
- Bugfix: Server download worked only once per version
Now we really hope that we can focus on the next version and we no longer have to “annoy” you with updates. 😉
This morning, we released yet another version of Craften Terminal. Why? Because we found three really bad bugs and fine-tuned the Chat!
- Friends in the chat are now marked with a star
- Enhanced the chat (i.e. the colors for the different roles)
- Bugfix: Fixed problems downloading Craften Launcher, fixing problems starting Minecraft
- Bugfix: Crash when clicking on some mods
- Bugfix: Messages in the chat disappeared when writing another message
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Thanks to the people who reported their problems in the info dialog. Without you we hadn’t found those bugs!
Another week is over and we’ve got a new Craften Terminal version for you! What we changed? What we added? Read on!
- Added Minecraft head on the top
- Added a report-a-problem button in the about dialog
- Fixed problems with starting the launcher
- Fixed chat messages not being shown under certain circumstances
A week ago, we released version 3.5. So this update is mainly a bugfix update.
Here are the changes:
- Top right the currently installed Minecraft version is displayed. If mods are installed, they are also displayed when you move the mouse over it.
- Better design options for the descriptions of Minecraft versions and mods by using a Markdown language.
- From time to time we will update all descriptions. Until then, some descriptions might look a little odd.
- Bugfix: Shoutbox has made the program freeze occasionally
- Bugfix: Some YouTube links in the shoutbox were not recognized and therefore no preview is displayed.
- Fix: Launcher is not installed correctly
- Minor GUI changes and corrections
Now that the first bugs are fixed, we can work much more relaxed on version 3.5.2.
It will be awesome!
It’s finally there! After about two months of development, we are ready to release a new beta version of Craften Terminal!
We recoded almost everything to make everything faster and much more stable (well, let’s see how stable…)
- Remade many features
- “Crypted” text is now animated in Minecraft server description boxes in the shoutbox
- Minor design enhancements
- Improved mod search, mod categories are working once again
- New Craften Launcher (fixes many bugs with new Minecraft versions!)
- Many small improvements. You might not actually see everything but it’s there.
With 3.4.4 we introduce the interactive shoutbox. By detection of specific elements such as an IP (“184.108.40.206”) or a chat channel (“# Craft Terminal”), completely new interaction possibilities arise.
- Speed improvements when starting
- New server and channel information displays for the shoutbox
- Wiki tab removed
- Modlist was occasionally empty
Without saying a word we published a new beta version of Craften Terminal yesterday, so it’s time to tell you what changed and why you should download it!
The changelog isn’t very long but the changes are important, we recommend the new beta to everyone who has problems launching Minecraft.
- Redesign of Craften Launcher to fix compatibility issues with JavaFX (thank you, Oracle…)
- Fixes problems launching Minecraft
- Fixed errors when retrieving server information after clicking on an IP in chat or shoutbox on Windows 8/8.1