Update: If the Craften Terminal crashes after the language selection dialog, please download the following file and install vcredist_x86.exe (even if you’re on a 64-bit system).
Also, please make sure that your AV scanner doesn’t remove some of our files.
After a far too long break, we finally released the first patch update for the Craften Terminal 4.2. It fixes some bugs that appeared in the meantime.
- Mojang Launcher doesn’t get destroyed by us anymore
- We use our own Java if we can’t launch with your Java installation
- Fixes a lot of problems with Java
- Deactivated server list for now (will return in Craften Terminal 4.3, sorry for that!)
- Improved language selection
- Category “all mods” is now selected by default
- Fixed some more small bugs
We are already working on Craften Terminal 4.3, which will then provide some bigger new features. 🙂
This morning at 2 clock it finally happened: After nearly five months, two betas and one Release Candidate, the new Craften Terminal 4.0 has finally been released. Download here.
The new version brings not only a completely revised design, but also many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The main novelty is probably the server list. Now you can quickly find new server with the plugins that you want to have and rate them if you like.
Excited about the new features? Here’s the changelog:
- There is now a server list
- Completely new design
- Faster load times
- The tray icon now has a context menu
- There is a Jump List for Windows 7 and 8, so you can simply right-click on the icon in the taskbar for starting Minecraft or Craften Terminal
- The login can be changed via the small arrow next to the play icon
- Minecraft can only be started by clicking on the Play icon (bold because it was overlooked by many)
- Data in the internal browser are now cached (better performance)
- Mods can be rated with stars now
- Global Mod-search added: for example, if you are seearching for “Pixelmon” in 1.7.2 you’ll get results from other minecraft versions, too!
- Problems with version changes, especially with Forge resolved by cleaning forge config after change
- More options in the shoutbox (among other things, we show you some tips there currently with pictures)
- (Can be enabled in the settings) Minecraft can be automatically started in full screen mode now *
- Avatars in the shoutbox
- Videos for mods and Minecraft versions can be hidden
- Greatly improved performance (much lower CPU load than 3.5.5)
- updated translations
- Beautiful Server field in the shoutbox *
marked with a * have been added since the RC
Unfortunately, there was, despite numerous tests this morning some problems for which we apologize again. We have just released an update that fixes this bug and improved three GUI trifles. Now everything works!
With this small update, we have fixed the following errors:
- Launcher updated forever
- Server download button is cut off
- Name of the selected mods are not displayed when the window is too small
Craften Terminal does not exit correctly after closing Fixed in Version 4.0.1
- Distances in the context menu of the tray icon are too small
You have probably already noticed it (at least if you read this ) , but at this point once more officially : Craften.de is online again.
After some problems have occurred on Thursday, we have moved the website on Friday. This would have led to a loss of up to 24 hours (according to experience less). If everything would have gone smoothly. Due to various problems that were not on our side, the homepage could , however, go back to the network only today .
Due to the failure not only the website, the forum and our blog were unavailable, but also Craften Terminal could not be started and crashed in some cases – without a error message.
We are really sorry and we hope that this will not happen again. Appropriate measures have been taken.
As for Craften Terminal we will change in the next version (3.6) a lot. So you , even if our website – for whatever reason – is not available ( or you have no Internet ) , can still use the Craften Terminal. Of course you will need internet to install any mods or change the version , but at least you can start the last changed version. The chat and the shoutbox would then not be affected by failures of the website.
Let’s hope for the best. Happy crafting !
Last time we have thought that we were done with version 3.5, but unfortunately we have found more bugs – and fixed it thankfully!
Here are the new features and the bug fixes!
- Versions and mods can be opened from the browser in Craften Terminal via special links now (of which we are soon on our mod page make use of)
- Servers can be accessed via special links (à la craftenterminal://join=22.214.171.124)! (For example, with this link)
- The content of the speech bubble above is now changing from time to time
- Bugfix: Crashbugs while chatting
- Bugfix: Crash at startup
- Bugfix: Server download worked only once per version
Now we really hope that we can focus on the next version and we no longer have to “annoy” you with updates. 😉
This morning, we released yet another version of Craften Terminal. Why? Because we found three really bad bugs and fine-tuned the Chat!
- Friends in the chat are now marked with a star
- Enhanced the chat (i.e. the colors for the different roles)
- Bugfix: Fixed problems downloading Craften Launcher, fixing problems starting Minecraft
- Bugfix: Crash when clicking on some mods
- Bugfix: Messages in the chat disappeared when writing another message
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Thanks to the people who reported their problems in the info dialog. Without you we hadn’t found those bugs!
Another week is over and we’ve got a new Craften Terminal version for you! What we changed? What we added? Read on!
- Added Minecraft head on the top
- Added a report-a-problem button in the about dialog
- Fixed problems with starting the launcher
- Fixed chat messages not being shown under certain circumstances
It’s time for a new beta! This beta release will be the last one before we’ll offer you the 3.5 version. Also we updated our Launcher to version 0.9.
Let’s see what has changed.
- Complete new design. Hope you will love it as much as we do
- The resources are loaded as soons as you logged in
- We now give minecraft the correct parameters to start it with all the needed files (languages, sounds etc)
- Shoutbox perfomance boost
- Little GUI tweaks
- Join and part messages are disabled in default
- New info dialog
- Bugfix: Fixed a startup bug while changing the language
These are just “little” changes. So we are extremly close to release version 3.5. Stay tuned!
It’s finally there! After about two months of development, we are ready to release a new beta version of Craften Terminal!
We recoded almost everything to make everything faster and much more stable (well, let’s see how stable…)
- Remade many features
- “Crypted” text is now animated in Minecraft server description boxes in the shoutbox
- Minor design enhancements
- Improved mod search, mod categories are working once again
- New Craften Launcher (fixes many bugs with new Minecraft versions!)
- Many small improvements. You might not actually see everything but it’s there.
The picture on the right shows what we prepared for you this christmas: An advent calendar!
Until decembre 24th, you can open one window each day and receive items, blocks and some ingame money. You just need to be online on our server, click on the correct window and enter your nickname!
That should make waiting for Santa a lot easier, right?
Notice: Every player can only open every window once. Also, you can only open the window for the current day – check back everyday!
Our special halloweeen event is over (because Halloween is actually over) and we have a winner! kingangelo2 found all the pumpkins and is now a “Pumpkin Catcher” for one month. He also won 5000 R! Congratulations!
Additionally, JOkiel won 2000 R and Jan_0608 won 1000 R!
Today, our server was unreachable for some time. We are very sorry but fortunally, we were able to locate the problem and easily fix it so that the server is now running again.