Update: If the Craften Terminal crashes after the language selection dialog, please download the following file and install vcredist_x86.exe (even if you’re on a 64-bit system).
Also, please make sure that your AV scanner doesn’t remove some of our files.
After a far too long break, we finally released the first patch update for the Craften Terminal 4.2. It fixes some bugs that appeared in the meantime.
- Mojang Launcher doesn’t get destroyed by us anymore
- We use our own Java if we can’t launch with your Java installation
- Fixes a lot of problems with Java
- Deactivated server list for now (will return in Craften Terminal 4.3, sorry for that!)
- Improved language selection
- Category “all mods” is now selected by default
- Fixed some more small bugs
We are already working on Craften Terminal 4.3, which will then provide some bigger new features. 🙂
A needed config file seems to be excluded from our setup. Only those who participated in our beta phase got it already.
Now simple follow these steps and Craften Terminal should start normally:
- Download the attachment and unzip it Craften Terminal.exe
- Move the unzipped file into your Craften Terminal installation path
An updated setup will come for sure.
We like that either, but this time we have two days after release of the new version 4.0 already publish the second bugfix update.
In the first update, which came shortly after the release, we had solved only urgent trifles, now we found but with your help, much bigger bugs, and so we come to this changelog:
- Fixed crash when …
- Clicking on some of the elements in the shoutbox
- Viewing servers without favicon in the shoutbox
- Show some descriptions
- Changing the Minecraft version
- Start of Craften Terminal
- After changing the language Craften Terminal must be restarted now, so changes take effect
- Sorting by players in the server list works again
- Craften Terminal does not exit correctly after closing. This is now fixed.
This was hopefully the last first bugfix update, we finally do not want to exceed Mojang. 😉
If you have any problems, please send us detailed information about how and when it occurred! We have problems with the glass ball for several weeks and have not yet come to Diagon Alley to buy a new one.
This morning at 2 clock it finally happened: After nearly five months, two betas and one Release Candidate, the new Craften Terminal 4.0 has finally been released. Download here.
The new version brings not only a completely revised design, but also many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The main novelty is probably the server list. Now you can quickly find new server with the plugins that you want to have and rate them if you like.
Excited about the new features? Here’s the changelog:
- There is now a server list
- Completely new design
- Faster load times
- The tray icon now has a context menu
- There is a Jump List for Windows 7 and 8, so you can simply right-click on the icon in the taskbar for starting Minecraft or Craften Terminal
- The login can be changed via the small arrow next to the play icon
- Minecraft can only be started by clicking on the Play icon (bold because it was overlooked by many)
- Data in the internal browser are now cached (better performance)
- Mods can be rated with stars now
- Global Mod-search added: for example, if you are seearching for “Pixelmon” in 1.7.2 you’ll get results from other minecraft versions, too!
- Problems with version changes, especially with Forge resolved by cleaning forge config after change
- More options in the shoutbox (among other things, we show you some tips there currently with pictures)
- (Can be enabled in the settings) Minecraft can be automatically started in full screen mode now *
- Avatars in the shoutbox
- Videos for mods and Minecraft versions can be hidden
- Greatly improved performance (much lower CPU load than 3.5.5)
- updated translations
- Beautiful Server field in the shoutbox *
marked with a * have been added since the RC
Unfortunately, there was, despite numerous tests this morning some problems for which we apologize again. We have just released an update that fixes this bug and improved three GUI trifles. Now everything works!
With this small update, we have fixed the following errors:
- Launcher updated forever
- Server download button is cut off
- Name of the selected mods are not displayed when the window is too small
Craften Terminal does not exit correctly after closing Fixed in Version 4.0.1
- Distances in the context menu of the tray icon are too small
The release of crafting Terminal 4.0 is getting closer and closer! Today we released the first release candidate. This is a version that we would publish as it is.
So, if you still find bugs or want to suggest improvements, then bring it on!
Enough talk, here are the changes:
- Servers can be evaluated
- Mods can now be rated with stars (instead of just thumbs up / down)
- New design completed (especially tabs and buttons)
- Youtube thumbnails in the shoutbox will reappear
- Improvements in the shoutbox
- Updated Polish and French translations
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
We look forward to your feedback and hope to publish the final version next week!
Last time we have thought that we were done with version 3.5, but unfortunately we have found more bugs – and fixed it thankfully!
Here are the new features and the bug fixes!
- Versions and mods can be opened from the browser in Craften Terminal via special links now (of which we are soon on our mod page make use of)
- Servers can be accessed via special links (à la craftenterminal://join=18.104.22.168)! (For example, with this link)
- The content of the speech bubble above is now changing from time to time
- Bugfix: Crashbugs while chatting
- Bugfix: Crash at startup
- Bugfix: Server download worked only once per version
Now we really hope that we can focus on the next version and we no longer have to “annoy” you with updates. 😉
This morning, we released yet another version of Craften Terminal. Why? Because we found three really bad bugs and fine-tuned the Chat!
- Friends in the chat are now marked with a star
- Enhanced the chat (i.e. the colors for the different roles)
- Bugfix: Fixed problems downloading Craften Launcher, fixing problems starting Minecraft
- Bugfix: Crash when clicking on some mods
- Bugfix: Messages in the chat disappeared when writing another message
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Thanks to the people who reported their problems in the info dialog. Without you we hadn’t found those bugs!
Another week is over and we’ve got a new Craften Terminal version for you! What we changed? What we added? Read on!
- Added Minecraft head on the top
- Added a report-a-problem button in the about dialog
- Fixed problems with starting the launcher
- Fixed chat messages not being shown under certain circumstances
It’s finally there! After about two months of development, we are ready to release a new beta version of Craften Terminal!
We recoded almost everything to make everything faster and much more stable (well, let’s see how stable…)
- Remade many features
- “Crypted” text is now animated in Minecraft server description boxes in the shoutbox
- Minor design enhancements
- Improved mod search, mod categories are working once again
- New Craften Launcher (fixes many bugs with new Minecraft versions!)
- Many small improvements. You might not actually see everything but it’s there.
You frequently ask: “Can you add the hexxit modpack?” Well, we can’t include Modpacks from us in the terminal at the moment. BUT! in preperation to some further steps we’ll add all mods included in the hexxit modpack. See our progress below:
(Linked mods are already added)
- Armor Bar
- Back Tools
- Hexxit Basemods
- Hexxit Configs